Jehovahs Witnesses Online - Censorship Free Discussion Board

Worldwide meeting place for discussion of Jehovahs Witness Issues
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:15 pm

»

All times are UTC [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: My mother has joined the JW
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:14 pm 
hi, I am new here, and had a few questions. My mother was raised in the JW, after she got married and moved on with her life, she kinda forgot about the religion, and as kids me and my brother went with our parents to a Lutheran, church. Now my dad is a Lutheran, my brother an atheist, and I follow the wiccan path. Recently mom has joined up with the JW 's again, and I'm happy as pie that she found a path. But I'm a little concerned about the religion, it seems very cult like. So my question is, dose anyone have and tips or advice about living with a JW? Holidays so far are already hell, and I love my mom, I just want to know what I'm in for during the years to come.

Post subject: Re: My mother has joined the JW
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 pm 
* USED *

Goddess28 wrote:
hi, I am new here, and had a few questions. My mother was raised in the JW, after she got married and moved on with her life, she kinda forgot about the religion, and as kids me and my brother went with our parents to a Lutheran, church. Now my dad is a Lutheran, my brother an atheist, and I follow the wiccan path. Recently mom has joined up with the JW 's again, and I'm happy as pie that she found a path. But I'm a little concerned about the religion, it seems very cult like. So my question is, dose anyone have and tips or advice about living with a JW? Holidays so far are already hell, and I love my mom, I just want to know what I'm in for during the years to come.

All are cults. Some are just on a grander scale. Put it this way, I'd rather live with a JW than someone from a happy clappy church. Now they are bat shit crazy. Far more scarier, to me, than JWs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 pm 
I suggest educate yourself on this religion. It is a cult, although your mom will never believe it. I suggest searching for JW facts. I wasted thirty years in this mess, I will never get that back, but I am happy to be out of it. They really mess with your head, they convince you to only trust the words of eight men who decide everything. They have predicted the end many times, and turned around and lied about it when it didn't happen.

Once you are in there is no easy path to leave. If you choose to leave and engage in any behavior they do not approve of, like celebrating Christmas, serving in the Army, getting divorced without cause, voting, or any other thing they dont like, you will be disfellowshipped, even if you haven't gone to the Kingdom Hall in years. At that point your JW friends and family will shun you. They have a judicial committee of three elders who will sit in judgement, your fate is in their hands. People have been disfellowshipped who have done nothing, or engaged in normal teen mistakes. I had a friend whose child was disfellowshipped for - get this - heavy petting. The elder's son who was involved was not disfellowshipped. It's a man's world there, women are not allowed to have any function other than for to door work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:22 am 
BLAH is right. It is a very good religion especially for women. As JWs they are free to do pretty much whatever they like with no crazy clothing restrictions except to wear a head covering in public prayer. Women can take the lead and even be presiding overseers in areas where there are no available men.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:56 am 
We are all called to be in union with Christ

" Christ in you the hope of his glory'

No such thing as denominations , they are just divisions in the body of Christ .

Denominations are men who have caused division in the BODY of Christ

"One faith one BODY just as you were called in the ONE HOPE .

One Lord , One God and Father , who is in all and over all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 pm 
Why can't you speak normal little lamb?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:56 am 
When one is born again of spirit , one becomes a spiritual man

A spiritual man speaks spiritual words

A physical man does not understand the things of the spirit for they are foolishness to him .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:22 pm 
Glad we cleared that up.

Thanks Buddy :h5:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:54 am 
No worries ...now you know every man that promotes a sect is sinning , and you must know why he is sinning, there is only one body.

»