Jehovahs Witnesses Online - Censorship Free Discussion Board

Worldwide meeting place for discussion of Jehovahs Witness Issues
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am

»

All times are UTC [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Studying to be a JW
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:36 am 
Hello, I'm Jordi. I've been studying to become a JW for two years now. I also have a college dergee in English, which helps me analyze texts, write papers, and do research, as it is a requirement to do so in order to get your English degree. So I've run into some problems while doing research about the NWT, the bible that JW use. i'd like to speak to a JW about translation issues, but I'm afraid to speak to the elders because I don't want to be labeled an apostate. I also don't want to stumble anyone, because its my journey that I have to make in order to find out what is the real truth about the bible. I hope to speak to someone who is not afraid to talk openly and candidly. I'd prefer not to speak to an apostate or ex-Jw, because they seem so bitter here that I can't rely on them to give an unbiased review of the questions that I pose. So really I'm looking for an unbiased opinion on the NWT. Wiki has a fairly balanced view of the NWT, and I was suprised that some scholars support the NWT. However, my question is simple. if the original committee that developed the NWT had no credentials to translate the NWT from Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew, how can we be sure that it was done so accurately?? If you say it was by holy spirit, that could be the case. however, If anyone else used that arguement about their bibles (the mormons for example) it would be rejected. So how can we justify what we know about the NWT versus, what we believe.

Post subject: Re: Studying to be a JW
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:27 pm 
Hello Jordi,

In spite of appearances, most us here are Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing to the congregations to whiff we belong. We rarely meet here in fellowship mower days as we are all busy preparing for the times ahead.

I think it's best you direct your questions to the elders you have available in your local area.

Agape FW.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:29 pm 
Hello Jordi,

In spite of appearances, most us here are Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing to the congregations to whiff we belong. We rarely meet here in fellowship nowerdays as we are all busy preparing for the times ahead.

I think it's best you direct your questions to the elders you have available in your local area.

Agape FW.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 am 

Faithful Warrior wrote:
Hello Jordi,

In spite of appearances, most us here are Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing to the congregations to whiff we belong. We rarely meet here in fellowship nowerdays as we are all busy preparing for the times ahead.

Agape FW.

:sex:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 pm 

Faithful Warrior wrote:
Hello Jordi,

In spite of appearances, most us here are Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing to the congregations to whiff we belong. We rarely meet here in fellowship mower days as we are all busy preparing for the times ahead.

Agape FW.

Bullshit. I was disfellowshipped for my moustache...and poor personal hygiene. :scotty:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:36 am 
And I have never even been door to door. Matter of fact I was dismembered before I had a chance to be baptised. I should have been a mormon. :girlherzblink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:56 am 
When what a church teaches isn't what the Bible teaches,
They do one of two things ...change their teaching or change their Bible.

That is exactly what the NWT is - a Bible that has been changed to align with Watchtower teachings. They have inserted words, rearranged words to read differently, and even inserted the name Jehovah into scriptures that are talking about Jesus.

You can check this out yourself...

Jesus Made All Things
Col 1:16-20 (the word "other" inserted repeatedly, without italics, disguising it as part of the original manuscript. Falsifying biblical support for a "created" Jesus.)

Jesus Over All
Romans 9:5 (rearranged the words to hide that Jesus is "over all".)

Stephen prays to Lord Jesus
Acts 7:59-60. ("Jehovah" inserted to hide that Stephen is praying to Jesus.)

Lord of The Dead and The Living
Romans 14:8-9 ("Jehovah" inserted to hide that we belong to Jesus)

Including any scripture that describes Jesus as being from "eternity" are changed to say from "times long ago". Any scripture where Jesus is "worshipped", it is changed to say that they did "obeisance" to him. I could keep going, but you can see for yourself.

The "Jesus" of the NWT is very different from the Jesus of the King James or other translations. I know JW claim they only can interpret the Bible, but the Bible says you don't need any man to teach you but that the Holy Spirit will teach you (1 Jn 2:27). And the Holy Spirit testifies the truth about Jesus (Jn 15:26).

I hope this helps you at least a little I researched this because I had a Bible study with JW's on the subject of Jesus identity.

Find out who Jesus is and the Bible opens up to your understanding right before your very eyes.

God bless you in your studies!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:49 am 
"They change their bible" HAHAHAHAHA! You think they have a time machine? HAHAHA. Sorry you so stupid LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 am 
Jordi wrote:
Hello, I'm Jordi. I've been studying to become a JW for two years now. I also have a college dergee in English, which helps me analyze texts, write papers, and do research, as it is a requirement to do so in order to get your English degree. So I've run into some problems while doing research about the NWT, the bible that JW use. i'd like to speak to a JW about translation issues, but I'm afraid to speak to the elders because I don't want to be labeled an apostate. I also don't want to stumble anyone, because its my journey that I have to make in order to find out what is the real truth about the bible. I hope to speak to someone who is not afraid to talk openly and candidly. I'd prefer not to speak to an apostate or ex-Jw, because they seem so bitter here that I can't rely on them to give an unbiased review of the questions that I pose. So really I'm looking for an unbiased opinion on the NWT. Wiki has a fairly balanced view of the NWT, and I was suprised that some scholars support the NWT. However, my question is simple. if the original committee that developed the NWT had no credentials to translate the NWT from Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew, how can we be sure that it was done so accurately?? If you say it was by holy spirit, that could be the case. however, If anyone else used that arguement about their bibles (the mormons for example) it would be rejected. So how can we justify what we know about the NWT versus, what we believe.

All scripture is inspired of God

and God tells us ' he protects his word'

debates over translations is lack of trust tn God to protect his word ,

even Satan can't interfere with his holy scriptures as they are what gives us wisdom, and Gods word is stationed in heaven .

Christians are promised the Holy Spirit , that leads us into all truth ...so its not dependent on
what particular translation of scriptures one is searching for life but what spirit is guiding you into all truth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:22 am 
I think it boils down to your intelligense. If you are extra smart you can read the bible unaids but if you are dumb or normal thinking then you will only find the truth with the lessons of the Watchtower and society books. Be careful of trinity thoughts and Jesus on a cross!

Post subject: Re: Studying to be a bonified JW
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 am 
You need to get born in or study real hard with an elder for at least a year!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 am 
Jesus tells the truth ...its ' you must be born again of spirit '

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 am 
The bible clearly seals the number of them who get changed in a twinkle at stricly just 144,000 aloud!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:16 am 
without faith it is impossible to please God

Faith is not a possession of all people

'You are all in fact sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus ."

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm 
Apostle Paul said faith is the a sure expectation of things you hope for- realities that you can't see. But Thats just obvious an I don't see what it has to do with getting born again or chosen to marry Jesus.

»