I have some questions about who the Watchtower (WT) believes Jesus Christ is. I had a co-worker who was a Jehovah's Witness (JW) and we met for several months to discuss the Watchtower beliefs. I tried to understand what she was telling me but she couldn't answer these basic questions I have, so can someone shed light on this who is a Jehovah's Witness.
My co-worker said (and the WT literature says) that Jehovah is Almighty God
My co-worker said (and WT literature also says) Jesus is:
1. Michael the Archangel
2. Mighty God (as specified in Isaiah 9:6)
3. "a god", as specified in John 1:1 in the New World Translation
1. Is an archangel also Mighty God or "a god"? Can an archangel be Mighty God or "a god"?
2. What is the difference between Mighty God and "a god" or are they the same, especially since Jesus is considered both?
3. Does the WT practice Polytheism since they believe Jehovah is Almighty God and Jesus is Mighty God (as well as "a god), especially since according to the WT, Jehovah and Jesus are not the same God?
4. Since, John 17:3, Deut 4:35, Deut 32:39, Isaiah 44:6-8 and Isaiah 45:5 state that their is only one true God who is Jehovah, is Jesus then a false God/god? How can Jesus be Mighty God and "a god"?
5. Who really then is Jesus in WT belief?
" This means everlasting life knowing you the true God and the one you sent forth Jesus Christ ."
To know Jehovah ...to know the true God is essential for life , otherwise you won't know who Jesus is reconciling you to , and you won't know the new covenant Jesus mediates is about the promise of Jehovah becoming our God and we his people .
Religion just confuses people .